We only use the best leather and canvas to stand the test of time. Our Bags are handcrafted by artisans in India. We want to treat them with care to ensure the lifetime of your bags.
MAINTAINING YOUR LEATHER
Maintain your favorite leather pieces regularly to ensure soft and supple leather. Leather can be cleaned and restored with a regimen of leather care products designed to clean, condition and protect.
TIPS & TRICKS
- Never wash your leather bag in the washing machine.
- Keep cosmetics inside a pouch or small case. Cap all pens and anything that might leak on the leather.
- Avoid cleaning products with alcohol, turpentine or other mineral spirits.
- Store leather bags properly when not in use, keep out of direct sunlight and in low humidity as sunlight fades and dries leather.
- If leather gets wet, absorb as much water as possible with a thick hand towel and then air dry.
HOW TO PRESERVE LEATHER & REPEAL WATER
Condition leather once a year to repel water and keep leather soft.
Dampen a soft cotton cloth with warm water.
Warm the leather with a hair dryer on low for 30 seconds.
Apply Monk Oil Crème, including the strap and all seams and stitching.
Allow leather to dry for 12 hours away from Sunlight and heat.
Using a soft-bristled brush, gently brush the canvas using a circular motion.
MAINTAINING YOUR LEATHER / CANVAS
Le Papillon loves to pair beautiful textured canvas along with long lasting leathers. Taking care of the fabric will help ensure the lifetime of your leather goods.
Every Papillon piece is designed with leather. When maintaining the fabric on your goods, be careful to never get the leather wheat, as it will discolor, wrinkle or crock.
- HOW TO CLEAN COTTON CANVAS, WOOL, AND RAW SILK:
Using a soft – bristled brush, gently brush the canvas using a circular motion.
- If spot remains, dab gently using a soft cotton cloth with warm water without any detergent.
- Allow the spot to dry,
- If spot still remains, use a mild detergent with a mild concentration (Such as Woolite) and spot clean again, use a soft cotton cloth with the mild detergent solution and dab gently. Note: we recommend performing a test.
IF YOU PREFER THE VIDEO TUTORIALS, here are some links …
HOW TO CLEAN LEATHER SURFACES
HOW TO CLEAN CANVAS SURFACES